Saturday 20 January 2024

One life touches 80,000 people in one lifetime

 


It is said that you (one life) meet about 80,000 people in a lifetime.


When I first heard this, I was like is it true?? How is it possible?? It’s really hard to believe.

Then, I started calculating but couldn’t be able to reach at least one fourth of this figure.


Let’s say,

A minute of interaction with a car driver in an Uber.

A few minutes of thanking someone with a smile for opening a door for you or for any random act of kindness.

Saying Hello to a stranger or spending some time talking with a fellow traveller in a flight etc

Little more time in our School and college with friends, teachers etc, in Office with colleagues...

More tenure with our parents, spouses and our children and their friends, friend's parents etc

As I travel quite frequently, I think I might have touched some 5,000 to 10,000 lives though I am not sure.

What about the balance 70,000?? I don’t have any idea how, where and when I am gonna meet but one thing is sure that when I meet people either I learn something from them, or I will inspire them with my journey of my life.

What about celebrities? They might have touched many lives based on their profession. Isn’t it??

So, it is understood that depends on people’s place where they are living / which profession they are in etc contributes to achieving this number I guess!!!

Instead of counting and analysing this huge number, let us think this way:

What if we encounter a person in our life who changes our path completely, leading us to touch many lives? For example, a motivational talk by a person to a crowd of thousands of people may inspire them or what if one simple and adventurous story of ours inspires at least one person, and multiplies by spreading to many through word-of-mouth, this too helps in reaching this number, doesn’t it?

Whether the concept of meeting 80,000 people in one lifetime is true or not, it’s worth pondering!

3 comments:

  1. Very Nicely written in a summarized form , what I got the message from it is to have more of qualitative interaction then quantitative even if it’s for a minute !

    ReplyDelete

😊 SMILE